BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nails of the Week: Parlez-vous OPI?

Hello again!

Recently, I have gotten back into the habit of wearing nail polish all of the time. I know it isn't the best thing for your nails, but I can't help it. I frequent many nail polish blogs, especially for swatches, and Parlez-vous OPI? was one of the colors I was interested in. Even though I love OPI polishes because they last forever - they are still too expensive for me to buy at full price (at least not regularly). I was looking into ordering from one of those nail discount sites, like transdesign.com, but I kept holding myself back from spending the money for some reason.

Luckily, I found this polish in the clearance bin at a local hair salon for 30% off!! The price was just as good as buying it online once I factored in the shipping costs, so I couldn't say no. This color is a beautiful, light purplely, mauvey, slightly grayish creme. Mushroomy, taupey colors have been really popular lately, and I already own another well-known color, Sephora by OPI' s Metro Chic.


As you can see, Metro Chic is slightly darker and much more gray than the Parlez-vous OPI? It's interesting how Metro Chic looks fairly purple on its own, but doesn't next to the OPI shade. As far as formula is concerned, Parlez-vous OPI? has a great consistency. It is not too thick, so it doesn't glob up, yet it's thick enough to be opaque in two coats.

 
 

This is two coats with Seche Vite topcoat (I will surely review this later). The second photo is with flash, but I think both photos are pretty accurate to color, depending on what kind of lighting you are in. Pardon my dry cuticles and lack of manicure skills. I don't claim to be good at doing my nails...I just appreciate how changing the color of my polish can totally change my look. Let me know if you have any questions or if you have tried any mushroomy or purple colors recently that you love!

0 comments: