Z8A4C2PQMKYB
Alexander McQueen was one of my favorite fashion designers, and it breaks my heart to hear of his passing today. I was very intrigued by his black, white, and red Fall 2009 collection - from the makeup to the extravagant hats to the play on hounds tooth print, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. As soon as I heard his Spring 2010 collection was streaming from his website, I had to watch. I was mesmerized. To this day, I think it was one of the most inspiring, fascinating, beautiful, creative collections I have ever seen. I loved how humans had de-evolved into sea creature-like beings, with gills and scales. The shoes blew my mind....
Alexander McQueen was one of my favorite fashion designers, and it breaks my heart to hear of his passing today. I was very intrigued by his black, white, and red Fall 2009 collection - from the makeup to the extravagant hats to the play on hounds tooth print, I couldn't take my eyes off of it. As soon as I heard his Spring 2010 collection was streaming from his website, I had to watch. I was mesmerized. To this day, I think it was one of the most inspiring, fascinating, beautiful, creative collections I have ever seen. I loved how humans had de-evolved into sea creature-like beings, with gills and scales. The shoes blew my mind....
...The entire collection was a masterpiece in my eyes. I probably watched the whole thing half a dozen times, and showed all of my friends images or video of the show. To top it off, his collaboration with Lady Gaga was perfect. No other musician could have shown his clothes in a better way. I loved how "Bad Romance" premiered to the world during the finale of his show and how she wore several of his pieces in the video. I was really looking forward to fashion week to see what he had come up with next. As an amateur lover of fashion, I will truly miss Alexander McQueen's genius for years to come.
0 comments:
Post a Comment